13 weeks

yesterday:
approximately 3:00pm headache commences.
3:00pm-7:00pm headache continues with little change.
7:45pm headache intensifies to the point i was told i was being "unrefined" and "weird" at a restaurant.
8:45pm-12:00am i feel like my head is going to explode, can't sleep. it's like a hammer smashing against my skull over and over in the same spot.
2:20am break down, get out of bed to hunt desperately for analgesics, which i can't find.
2:30am wake matt up to help me look for pills (or go get some if we're out). he produces a new bottle of advil, i take half of one pill.
3:45am headache finally stops and i get to sleep. freaking night from HELL.

today:
MY UTERUS ISN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR THIS BABY! i can feel it stretching. it's not comfortable at all... it's like a pulled muscle only duller and it doesn't go away. strain. ache. i think this is what they call "round ligament pain..."
and my boobs are growing again. they hurt and they're bigger and in another week i swear i am going to need larger diameter nipple rings because these are pretty much hugging my newly-enlarged nipples! too much info, but wtf, this is a pregnancy blog right?

the idea that i am any less pregnant than before (or having a 'threatened miscarriage') is almost comical at this point. if anything i think i am/was having a surge of extra pregnant-ness which probably caused the bleeding.

my belly is getting bigger too. i need to take a new picture.

2 Response to "13 weeks"

  1. vikingluau Says:

    Rhiannon, I almost commented yesterday to tell you something interesting I heard my good friend say this weekend (she is a doula based in jacksonville, and she was speaking on the phone to one of her expecting mothers.) Anyway, I got distracted and never left the comment. I am sure you heard this before, but she had to reassure her client... "Tell yourself that your body knows what size baby to grow. Just repeat that to yourself. Your body knows, trust it." Then she reminded the mother on the other end of their mutual friend, who is 4'10", and had a 9.5 lb baby... and they had a laugh. I'm sure you have heard this before... but as someone who is not even close to pregnant or planning, I held on to that statement to ease any future fears that may develop.
    I'm thinking about you and I'm sorry you had the halloween scare :( Matt was lovely to you.

  2. rhiannon Says:

    i totally trust my body, haha, i was just feeling so much crazy tension in there that i had to vent a bit...

    i have been really lucky so far not to have any fears related to labor or my body failing me or the baby... and with the amazing friends i have to reassure me, i don't expect to!

    thanks jorelle :)

Post a Comment