ultrasound says...

it's a boy! seriously!

i have such a strange sense of confusion about it, because i guess i just have NO idea how to parent a boy. i sort of always assumed i would only have girls, lol. i am happy about it--it's just surprising.

even though the only real 'psychic' (or whatever) impression i ever got from this baby was, one night when i tried really hard to connect to it, to suddenly think to myself "oh wow, are you a boy?" ...still i was never sure. but after seeing that ultrasound i have NO question! his little thingamajig was all out there for display, hehe. he was cute too, showing off all the important parts, sucking his thumb, and rolling around. i actually got pictures this time so i will scan/post them ASAP.

matt was shocked, i think. he had just finished whining about how 'the fates will never give me a boy' and blah blah depressive crap; ha! the first thing he said when i told him was "AWESOME now i can get my tubes tied." as if. but he is really happy.

and now the name dilemma begins :). AND i have to figure out how the hell i am going to make the baby room less totally-feminine! hehe. side note: ultrasound also said my dates were accurate, thank-you-very-much charting. due date 10/7/10.

on another note, my mom and i got some more portraits done of rowan today after the ultrasound and as per usual, she posed like a champ and we got a bunch of great ones. as soon as they are available online i will post a few.

also i've been slowly adding to the postpartum food stash in the deep freezer, so i've been able to cross a few things off my to-do list! that makes me happy. all in all i think it's been a good week.

1 Response to "ultrasound says..."

  1. Loren Says:

    awesome! I almost said something at the birthday when you said you were not feeling like you were pregnant and said it felt different. But, I didn't want to say anything or it just crossed my mind and then I forgot about it!! LOL

    Congrats on the boy! They are super fun!! :)

Post a Comment