peace

both babies are sleeping at the same time for the second day in a row. *bliss* yesterday liam napped from 9am-12pm, too! i even had 5 minutes this morning to slather my head with henna (way overdue) and get some stuff ready for the GLAM which twink and my shirts will both be a part of. as of last night i have whipped myself into shape in terms of making him sleep in his bassinet, and he slept 5 hours and 3 hours (he is officially a stomach-sleeper no matter what i try). it was great to sleep in my bed without a baby i'm afraid to disturb by rolling over! maybe matt will come back to our room now... lol. i also started a pilates regimen that uses baby as the weights, and man that showed me just how out of shape i have become. it was EASY as far as workouts go, and only like 15 minutes, and my arms and legs felt like they were going to give out. i used to be able to do some seriously intense workouts and still be ok. i guess i should look at that past glory as something to work towards again.

i have discovered that i can knit and nurse at the same time, and all i can say about that is HALLELUJAH AMEN woo-freaking-hoo!! i've made some xmas gifts for rowan and i am even halfway done with a pair of super-cute fingerless gloves for me--first thing i've ever knitted for myself. it's glorious to be productive while i'm stuck on the couch otherwise "wasting time" (if you don't consider that i'm imbuing a mini-human with nutritious growth juice).

in the TMI realm--be warned here--matt and i resumed marital relations more than a week ago and everything is a-ok in the nether zone. it's sort of shocking, after my recovery post-rowan. i think i would've been fine with activities down there even at 2 weeks, but i wanted to be sure. it's such a relief.

i'm going for my IUD consultation on thursday which i am very excited about... yay for long-term surefire contraception that doesn't involve surgery! lol.

liam is 6 weeks old. he cooes and looks like he is trying to talk all the time, which is something rowan never did this early. he smiles a lot and is very interested in what is going on around him, and he's much cuter than he was before. i need more photos of him...

2 Response to "peace"

  1. Loren Says:

    oh my god! you so make me want to have a baby SO bad!! By the way I am totally jealous of your abilities to knit, I am in the starting parts of trying to teach myself. Of course, I want to jump right on into the hard stuff like fingerless gloves!! So fun! I can't wait until I am actually ready to move out of the scarf phase! LOL. I am so happy for you and I will be calling you this week to see if you are up to use coming over!! Yea for bliss!

  2. Readingrenee Says:

    The green watery stuff happened with my newborn as well and it turned out to be a hind milk/ fore milk imbalance. She was getting too much of the watery less fat foremilk and not enough of the fatty hindmilk.

    She just wasn't staying on one side long enough. (she was really hard to nurse) Just wanted to throw that out there. I got a lot of info on that and what to do about it from Kellymom.

    Block feeding helped with us. Nurse only one one side for a set number of hours and then switch. I think we did 4. :)

    Also I would pump after a feeding to get the hindmilk and give that to her in the beginning of her feeding in a bottle sometimes.

Post a Comment